How do I clean ProPanels or Studiofoam?
Get the most out of your acoustical treatment products, by making they stay looking great for years but using these basic cleaning tips.
• Always pretest a cleaning agent on a non-visible part of the fabric first to ensure no damage is done to the fabric or its color. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for using the cleaning agent.
• Make sure your hands are free from oil or dirt when handling panels, especially if they are light colored and use in a well ventilated room. Avoid any product which contains Carbon Tetra-chloride or other toxic materials.
• Light vacuuming of the fabric with an upholstery or drapery attachment will remove accumulated dust and is also suggested for preventative maintenance.
• Oil or grease spots will respond to mild solvent or dry cleaning agents.
• Avoid excessive brushing or rubbing to prevent fuzzing of the fabric surface.
• For general dirt and grime, sponging with the foam from a mild detergent or upholstery shampoo should remove the accumulated stain. Blot the stain with a clean absorbent cloth dampened with the cleaning solution and work from the outside of the stain to the center. Reapply as necessary.
• Room temperature solution should be sufficient.
• Rinse well with a clean sponge to remove traces of the water-base cleaning agent. Never saturate the fabric with liquid, use a damp sponge or cloth. Too much liquid could damage the glue bond between the fabric and the panel core material.
• Fabric will dry quickly after cleaning/rinsing.
• If the fabric in your ELiTE-CFS has overall staining, contact Auralex at 800-959-3343 to order replacement fabric.
• To remove light dust from Studiofoam use a vacuum with an upholstery attachment.